Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tomorrow is a new day

+JMJ+

Do you ever just have 'one of those days'? Those days that see to be extra difficult for no reason, or those days when you are just in a funk?

I do. And yesterday was one of them.

Yesterday was 'one of those days' that I could not understand Italian for the life of me, I was really overwhelmed by the number of classes I was signed up for, and my allergies were kicking my butt. In general it was a 'why the heck did I move to Italy' day.

When I got back from classes I decided I just needed to take a break from studying and relax. What I wanted to do most was to call up my friends from home and my Mom, but when there is a 6 hour time difference, it seems everyone is in the middle of their day when I am finally free during mine.

So, what did I do? I faced the fact that the day was a 'blah' kind of day and kept in mind that tomorrow would be a new day (I also ate ice cream and had a glass of wine!). I am all for being a strong person and keeping your head up when things get tough, but there is nothing wrong with having a bad day...even when living in Rome.

About a year ago when my grandparents passed away a dear friend told me, "Leslie let yourself feel what you are feeling, then offer it to the Lord. It doesn't matter if it has been a few months or if you think you should be okay, just face the day for what it is and what it brings and go from there."

Really, this is great advice for life in general. Yesterday was a tough day, I recognized that and asked the Lord to help me, and then went to sleep knowing that today would be a fresh start. There is nothing wrong with having 'one of those days' but always keep in mind that tomorrow is a new day and another fresh start.


1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! It's really, really hard sometimes to live abroad. I get a little bit homesick at least once a day (I think) because there is just so much to love about home! But then, I always remember that 5 years from now I will look back on these days with such wonderful memories and so much gratitude. It makes me feel a little better...but then again, there are those days when NOTHING makes you feel better. And that's okay too! Go with the flow, have patience, and know that there are so many people living in that city with you feeling very similar feelings. Good courage and keep your chin up. Love you.

    ReplyDelete